Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Final Reflection on HeLa

   HeLa cells are very important for medical researchers today. They have been used in many medical advances, including helping researchers to to find the cure for Polio. I am aware that the United States still does not have a law to stop scientists,  from taking your blood and doing research on it. I believe that it is acceptable to draw blood from us and  subject it to research, if it is for a greater good. I willingly accept that my blood or any other tissues removed from my body be used to help terminally ill people. Is real important that we let researchers around the world do their job. Making laws that will interfere with medical research, will slowdown a lot of medical advances that will be helpful to us in the future. I firmly believe, that is more important to let researchers do their job than to protest about blood sample and cells drawn from your body. As the lacks family realize that their mother cells were important for medical advances and they are past their hate towards researchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment